Meteoğlu & Özkan Attorney Partnership provides legal consultancy services in compliance with the legislation on the protection of personal data, particularly the determination of obligations of data controllers in relation to the Personal Data Protection Law no. 6698 and the legal requirements of commercial electronic messages as per The Law on the Regulation of Electronic Commerce no. 6563.
Additionally, we also provide legal support regarding the execution of below mentioned legal works as per the legislation regulating the protection of personal data:
– Drafting of contracts concerning the management of personal data that are required to be concluded with data processors and third parties,
– Preparation of legal texts on clarification, express consent, cookies and application to the data controller to be presented to employees and consumers of businesses,
– Drafting of commitment letters in case of cross-border personal data transfer and data breach notification if a data breach occurs which are required to be submitted to the Personal Data Protection Authority (PDPA),
– By focusing on the daily personal data processing mechanisms of our clientele, determination of the current outlook regarding the activities of personal data handling from the personal data processing to the erasing or anonymization of personal data in order to create a personal data inventory and ultimately completing registration to the Data Controllers Registry (VERBIS),
– In case an investigation is launched by the PDPA upon complaint by data subjects or in an ex officio manner, representing our clients who are classified as data controllers in the stage of submitting plea of defense,
– Providing training to relevant departments of our clientele on the legal requirements and best practices regarding the protection of personal data.